Project Name: Homed Based Rehabilitation services to people with disabilities to improve their physical and functional independence
Year of Implementation 2006-2013
Geographic Coverage (Districts) Srinagar, Budgam districts of Kashmir
Project Partners: Child Rights for You (CRY)
Project Achievements: The project aimed at delivering quality Homed Based Rehabilitation services to children with disabilities to improve their physical and functional independence. Around 1000 children with disabilities were provided different rehabilitation services, besides following actions were also carried for the benefit of people with disabilities;
- Resource development awareness program
- Teacher training programs.
- Organized health camps.
- Health workers training program.
- Linked children with disabilities with different departments for availing the birth registration certificate, disability certification disability pension.
- Donation of aids and appliances as well as prosthesis and orthotics.
- Prepared the IEC material regarding preventive approaches for disability.